SETDAB Lecture Series – Coercive Control Training delivered by Jo Majauskis
Monday 12th December 2022, 1-4pm Online via Microsoft Teams
- Have an increased understanding of the nature of controlling and coercive behaviour
- Understand the impact of coercive control on adults and children
- Gain knowledge on how people can become entrapped in controlling relationships and the barriers to leaving
- Understand the risk factors associated with coercive control
- Have knowledge of the legislation including coercive control, stalking and non-fatal strangulation laws
- Understand the role of the criminal justice system in coercive controlling cases
About your trainer:
Jo Majauskis is an independent Trainer and consultant who has worked in the field of Domestic Violence/abuse for 15 years.
Her previous roles have included frontline support work and Senior Management positions for Domestic Abuse Support Services. Jo is a qualified Independent Sexual Violence Advocate (ISVA) and an Independent Stalking Advocacy Caseworker (ISAC). Jo also chairs and acts as a panel member for Domestic Homicide Reviews.
Jo is an Associate Lecturer for the National Centre for the Study and Prevention of Violence and Abuse (NCSPVA) at the University of Worcester having completed her Masters in Dynamics of Domestic Violence with Distinction in 2015.
To attend the session via Microsoft Teams please save the link below in your calendar to access at the appropriate time: