- Telephone Number:07568432146
- Email Address:[email protected]
- Local Area:Basildon, Braintree, Brentwood, Castlepoint, Chelmsford, Colchester, Epping Forest, Harlow, Maldon, Rochford, Southend, Tendring, Thurrock, Uttlesford
What is it?
Good Man is a five week male mentoring programme for boys and young men who are at risk of entering into abusive relationships in the future and/or are at current risk within an abusive relationship. It can be delivered on either a groupwork or 1:1 basis, depending on need. The areas covered include:
- Making relationships work
- Relationships in a digital world
- Manners and respect
- Healthy relationships
The project looks to educate young people about the value of respect and the characteristics of healthy and unhealthy relationships. Equipping them with the necessary skills to develop and maintain healthy relationships, recognise how to break up in an appropriate way when necessary and maintaining appropriate open lines of communication.
Who is eligible?
- Young males aged 13 – 18 years
- Living in Greater Essex
- Willing to take part in groupwork or 1:1 interventions
- Displaying signs of unhealthy relationships / coercive behaviours (can include signs such as lack of empathy, dishonesty, manipulative, dismissive of others views)
For further details on this fully funded programme email: [email protected]
A support line has also been set up so that anyone concerned about their behaviour or wanting to find help for someone else can get advice or be referred to the service that meets their need. The dedicated telephone number for the pathway is 07568432146 and the service is currently available between Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm.