Tuesday 26th September 2023, 9:30 to 13:00 Online
Front line workers and managers – those working with victims and families affected by domestic abuse, so called Honour Based Abuse, Female Genital Mutilation and Forced Marriage.
To have a better understanding of:
- Definitions of Female Genital Mutilation & why families practice FGM
- Types of FGM and potential community issues
- Impact of health on FGM for victims, including children – Survivor Stories
- Risk indicators before / after FGM has taken place
- Legislation – Mandatory Reporting / FGM Protection Orders / Serious Crime Act 2015
- How to engage and gain confidence to support families to safeguard the child more effectively – ‘how to start / have the conversation’
- How to assess, manage and refer using the risk assessment to protect & increase safety of victims and children
- SET (local) guidance and the SET FGM pathway
- Breast Ironing / Flattening.
To attend the session via Microsoft Teams please save the link below in your calendar to access at the appropriate time: