Southend Treatment and Recovery Service (STARS)
- Telephone Number:01702 431889
- Email Address:Southend.Referrals@ForwardTrust.org.uk
- Address:25-27 Weston Road, Southend-on-Sea SS1 1AS
- Local Area:Southend
Southend Treatment and Recovery Service (STARS) support people who have issues with drugs and/or alcohol and want to make a positive change. They also support the family and friends of people who are worried about their loved ones substance use, or have been affected by it.
The Southend STARS service is now provided by Forward Trust and is offered to individuals from Southend on Sea, aged 18 and over and who have issues with drugs and/or alcohol.
The support offered is tailored to each person’s needs, so will look slightly different for everyone. When you first get in touch, Southend STARS will complete an assessment with you to understand what will work for you, before putting together a plan of how you will work together. Services include:
- One-to-one and group support
- Health checks and testing for blood-borne viruses, including Hepatitis C
- Help to detox
- Prescribed medication (where appropriate and following a medical assessment), Naloxone dispensing and needle exchange
- Support from peers who have been through similar experiences
- Ongoing recovery support
Opening times: Monday to Friday 9.30am-4.30pm Tuesdays 9.30am-8.00pm
Make a referral:
If you are worried about your own or someone else’s drug and/or alcohol use, please complete the digital referral form here.
Chat to Southend STARS online:
You can also chat to a member of Southend STARS online Monday to Friday 9am -3pm here.