The Domestic Violence Resource Centre have created the ‘What’s Ok At Home’ website to help people understand what family violence is, why it happens, how to recognise it and how to help others who are experiencing it.
The website allows individuals to;
- Listen to people’s stories of childhood experiencing family violence
- Learn how to make a safety plan and keep yourself safe
- Find ways to deal with your feelings and take care of yourself
- Learn how to recognise and understand what family violence and abuse is
- Find out what you can do and how and where to get help
- Know how to talk to others about it so they help and support you