26th Jul 2018 NHS Training ResourcesNHS Policies
DoH: Health Professionals Policy and Resource Guidance
To help all NHS staff and allied healthcare partners in their response to victims of domestic violence and abuse.
This resource looks at how health professionals can support adults and young people over 16 who are experiencing domestic abuse, and dependent children in their households.
It will help health staff to identify potential victims, initiate sensitive routine enquiry and respond effectively to disclosures of abuse.
Commissioners will gain insight into services to support people experiencing domestic violence and abuse, and the importance of joined-up local strategic planning.
The resource draws on the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence multi-agency guidelines on domestic violence and abuse, and provides:
- the legal and policy contexts of domestic abuse in England
- information for commissioners on effective integrated care pathways
- information for service providers on shaping service delivery
- what health practitioners need to know and do
- information to ensure the right pathway and services are in place locally